Breakdown [dk84] Breakdown [dk84]

Sounding pretty sick

I'm just not crazy about the snare, but everything else is sounding pretty boss. \m/

4/5

deathkllr84 responds:

you're sounding pretty sick, hahaha \m/

Funeral For A Fiend(DEMO) Funeral For A Fiend(DEMO)

its called latency

Just move the track over some dude, and it should be spot on. I have to do the same thing when I record.

And as for the song, sounds neat. Just need to fix the latency problem and extend it, perhaps add some leads in there too.

wilb0b responds:

oh yeah deff will put leads into it, but yeah the song is fast paced and the latency is just so unforgiving while trying to play to the drums its distracting lol but I'll look into the problem. I just got done writing a new song for my band, but idk if I should upload it lol its reaallly long, 8:55 and everyone has the attention span of a goldfish lol

Vicodin. Vicodin.

Fucking amazing...

I will be watching you guys, keep up the good work as always!

Anima and Animus Anima and Animus

interesting

I would definately like to hear more stuff by you. I like your use of synth, as well as the dub-step-ish part at the end. I wasn't very crazy about the transition at 0:27. But all in all, not bad.

Check out my stuff when you got the time, as I will be looking into yours. :)

4/5

Spailpin responds:

Thanks! I'll check it out right now. I see that you have a veil of maya cover which is awesome. This is my first foray into the electronic element, but I think I'll be incorporating it more in my future work.

Unbreakable [VoM cover] Unbreakable [VoM cover]

Veil of Maya, FTW!

Awesome band, might I say. A pretty sweet cover i think, near perfect.

DUDE, could you possibly send me the instrumental of this. I would love to give a wack at vocals. ;)

Jakisdead responds:

Thanks bro :D
Yeah sure, I'll put it up on MediaFire for ya right now :D

This Fire Burns (Cover) This Fire Burns (Cover)

Awesome!

Haha, this is one of my favorite songs by Killswitch Engage. You did a bad ass job on this dude. Mix is pretty sweet, I really like the clean guitar tone you used.

Fav'ed

[] Welcome [] [] Welcome []

Cool, cool

Pretty sick. Kind of reminds me of Carnifex. As far as your new tone, it sounds nice. But I still prefer the tone you got from using the Digitech RP250. But anywho, perhaps I can throw some vox on this sometime this week. I'll hit you up when I got something.

Fav'ed

deathkllr84 responds:

Yeah I've been listening to whitechapel's new album lately xD I think some of the tones I get from the RP250 sound a little better in the mix, but just can't really withstand high volume mixes. I just like how these guitars kinda sit right in there.

\m/

[] Conform [] [] Conform []

Pretty sweet, i must say

Im insanely jealous cuz I can't get my tones or mixing to sound as good. x[

Pretty cool riffs too. You must tell me your mixing secrets. :P

deathkllr84 responds:

Nah dude, thats the problem man. All these people worried about mixing, and who sounds the best. I was like that for a while, it's addicting. You start worrying more about the mix than the song or structure.

It's really balance of playing skill, how you record, your ears, and what you have available. Even small things like mood can effect mixing, so you just have to go with the flow.

But yeah dude you've came up with some mixes that seriously impressed me! Metal brothers have to stick together. I would be happy to share my knowledge or collab w/e. Hit me up sometime \m/

Face Yourself (FINAL) Face Yourself (FINAL)

Not bad

Quality isn't great, but that's not the most important thing in a song. Riffs are pretty cool, although the beginning reminded me a little of the song "Stick Stickly" by Attack Attack!

The song definatly gets better after a while. To improve quality, try recording two rhythm guitars and panning one to the left and one to the right. It surely does make a difference.

Good work though.

3/5

RibbixJibbix RibbixJibbix

Definately doesn't deserve such a low score..

Sounds pretty bad ass. The cymbals could be turned down a little bit though, mainly the hi hat.

Pretty sweet riffs and shit. :]

PenguinBomb responds: